Sunday, May 1, 2016

Bringing Sexy Back



Eighteen years of marriage and five babies changes a person. 

I don't have killer abs like I did when I got married and my hubby is beginning to go gray (which I happen to think is totally hot). We're celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary later this month, and let me tell you, it's really got me feeling some type of way.

I'm kind of in my feelings reflecting on what I think is sexy after all these years. My apologies if you think this topic is taboo, but I'm bringing sexy back. I'm afraid our society's definition of sexy has become somewhat muddled and convoluted. So, for all intents and purposes, I'm redefining the word.

I don't need to remind you that we live in a day and age where we are constantly bombarded and inundated with images of what other people think is sexy. You've seen it. I've seen it. It's everywhere. The Kardashians. Victoria's Secret. Magic Mike. 50 Shades of Cray Cray. And the list goes on and on and on... 

Sex sells. There is no doubt about it. 

But try to look past the eye candy for a moment because sexy is so much more than meets the eye. I think I speak for all sane women when I say that we want something more than just rock-hard abs and a whole lotta swag. 

Ladies, am I right? So, pay close attention, guys. Oh, and you're prolly gonna wanna take notes...


Sexy is a man who doesn't play games. 

What he says he's gonna do and what he does are one and the same. He texts or calls you back and doesn't have side chicks in his inbox. 

Sexy is a man who likes it and puts a ring on it. 

He doesn't drink the lemonade if it doesn't belong to him and he definitely doesn't pull a Jay Z and throw it all away for "Becky with the good hair." 

Sexy is a man who brings you flowers. And not just because he messed up. 

Sexy is a man who is there for his kids. And not just every other weekend. 

Sexy is a man who listens and remembers what you say. He makes you feel understood and valued deep down in your soul. He's not judgmental and doesn't make fun of you or your ideas. He doesn't yell or belittle or make you feel small. 

Sexy is a man who takes you seriously but always knows how to make you laugh. 

Sexy is a man who opens the door for you. Not because you can't do it yourself, but because he insists on treating you like a queen. 

Sexy is a man who never stops wooing you. He makes you feel beautiful and wanted and desired. He pursues you relentlessly. You and ONLY you. 

Sexy is a man who believes in you, even when you stop believing in yourself. 

Sexy is a man who holds you so tightly when you feel empty inside that you can literally feel his love filling you back up again. 

Sexy is a man who never, ever gives up on you. No matter what. 

Sexy is a man who stays. The night. The next morning. Forever.




Happy 18th Anniversary to my husband. 

Thank you for never giving up on me, despite all my flaws.

Now, that's sexy.




1 comment:

  1. Charles FifieldMay 2, 2016 at 7:19 PM

    Wow! I am so blessed, but also just incredibly lucky... I love you, Sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete